A chronicle of the meanderings, false starts (which in retrospect, while sort of embarrassing turned out to be highly instructive), epiphanies, selective apathy (still evolving), wild mood swings, opinions (subject to frequent change), and life lessons of an inveterate dabbler (and her latest dabblings).

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Some Custom Work Finished Last Night

This is one of those requests by a customer that makes you think, "Ick." I didn't think combining the brass and copper was going to work, but once I got it strung I really liked it. Might even have to make another one! Freshwater pearls, copper and brass accent beads, and some little glass tile beads in a smoky color.





6 comments:

  1. Ooooh, this did turn out beautifully! I was skeptical about the combination of brass and copper...well done! And I'm glad to see your model has her modesty and is clothed for her photoshoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - great job. I would have been skeptical too about the combination but the result is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Pretty, pretty! I love combining metals. And I think that this work just sings with the pearls. You cannot go wrong with pearls. Enjoy the day, Keirsten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous designs! The tones look great together. It is really fun to mix up colors and materials!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great combination, I really like the mix.
    Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous elegant combination!

    ReplyDelete