Something slightly different:
|Green magnesite cross, dyed limestone, lampwork and deerksin.|
These are sort of like I've done before, but smaller with different stones. These are copper. I've also made the same things in brass, and antiqued them to a dark brown. I have some ideas for those that I didn't get to this weekend. I finished up some brass ball headpins finally and got those all antiqued--not having as much luck as I'd like getting the pink fire scale off with the Sparex. It's just not that effective on brass. I tried a homemade brew of hydrogen peroxide and vinegar that actually did a better job of getting the red out of the brass, but it etched it too and I didn't like that (probably left it in there too long). Back to the cauldron.
|Magnesite and, I think, dyed quartz.|
|Red glass, carnelian, and Tibetan-style etched red agate.|
I sure don't feel like I accomplished much this weekend, although I worked my tail off the whole time. What with making components, communicating with customers, online promoting, photography (sometimes you just can't get it right) and altering existing items, I don't feel like I have much in the way of new, completed items to show for the weekend. I actually started all these items much earlier in the week (like LAST week) and it took me forever to get back to them. Sometimes multi-tasking has its drawbacks.