A chronicle of the meanderings, false starts (which in retrospect, while sort of embarrassing turned out to be highly instructive), epiphanies, selective apathy (still evolving), wild mood swings, opinions (subject to frequent change), and life lessons of an inveterate dabbler (and her latest dabblings).

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Alisha White is a Genius

I snapped up these lampwork discs a few weeks ago from Alisha White's shop--couldn't resist that verdigris/copper combo! I've been contemplating this bracelet ever since. Finished it up this evening.
Copper and Verdigris Bracelet
With amazonite, moukaite, fancy jasper, opalite, copper and leather. (Can't believe how that cord from LeathercordUSA in "Splash" exactly matched the lampwork! That leather is like crack.) Had some great, murky light through the heavy cloud cover when I got home from work--love these longer days already! This is my favorite light to photograph in. Wan and gray, because it doesn't distort colors and there's just enough crispness without it being harsh.

I'm feeling more comfortable with my metal stamps. The BF gave me a really, really big hammer. Now I need more stamps.

I still have four of these discs left. I'm not quite done nibbling on them (I just want to gobble them up!) but when I am I think they will go into a necklace. I might end up with one left over and that might end up in a pendant. Or lodged in my throat.

10 comments:

  1. OMG. I love this so much. Big puffy heart love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! I sooo love your pieces and your style! Truly wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please make a necklace! I have been waiting for that. Your design is out of this world awesome. And those stamps... you got it all goin' on, Miss Kiersten!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your disc pieces are truly incredible!!!
    A really, really big hammer sound just right...

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes,yes,yes - oh yes!
    And thanks to the intro to LeatherCord USA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the combination of colors and the stamped metalwork, just beautiful and of course, that cord... SO nice.
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning work. The copper looks so beautiful with each of these beads. I can't wait to see what you create with the rest of the discs! ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color combinations...and those disc's are to die for. Stunning work Keirsten!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. Thank you Keirsten, but you are the one who made these discs into a beautiful bracelet. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete