A chronicle of the meanderings, false starts (which in retrospect, while sort of embarrassing turned out to be highly instructive), epiphanies, selective apathy (still evolving), wild mood swings, opinions (subject to frequent change), and life lessons of an inveterate dabbler (and her latest dabblings).

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Last Weekend

Here are some pictures from our island camping at Flathead Lake last weekend, on Bare Belly Island (no, I do not know why it is called that, but I wish I did). We docked up with some friends in the north cove and spent a couple nights there.  There was a brilliant, nearly full moon and cloudless skies.  I didn't get a good picture of the moon because I never learned the manual settings on my camera to do a prolonged exposure.  It was like a giant spotlight.  Coulda read a book under it.


From the bow approaching Bare Belly from the north.


The north cove.


The view north.

The flotilla.

The flotilla from on high.

The view south.


Some flora.

Nighty night!

6 comments:

  1. beautiful photos, everything looks so serene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! We just spent 5 days at Quatsino Sound and our friends from Kansas kept telling us we had to go to Flathead Lake some time. Well, now that I have visuals - we gotta go!

    Full moon was also feature of the night as it soared up behind a mountain. Like you, I just tried to impress it in my brain for future memory.

    Trout fishing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes, many many enormous trout. tom's a trout fishing maniac. the lake also takes off in a westerly direction too, i didn't have pics of that vista. the distant shore you see in the north-facing view is probably about 25-27 miles away from where we were anchored. it's about 30 miles end to end, 15 miles across at its widest point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful scenery! And I guess very inspiring, too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yes. and now you know why there is so much green, blue, gray and brown in my jewelry. To the north: sky, water, trees, rocks, dirt; to the south: sky, water, trees, rocks, dirt; to the west: sky, water, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to go there!I really want to see that moon.

    ReplyDelete