A chronicle of the meanderings, false starts (which in retrospect, while sort of embarrassing turned out to be highly instructive), epiphanies, selective apathy (still evolving), wild mood swings, opinions (subject to frequent change), and life lessons of an inveterate dabbler (and her latest dabblings).

Monday, February 13, 2012

Some Earrings

I decided the weekend would be for earrings. I made five pair, and one more pair is half done.

This pair features little orange-red seed beads from my Bead Soup from Donna Millard, tiny green turquoise heishi, large blue magnesite discs, pewter heart charms, and ruffly sterling silver beadcaps. The magnesite and heart charms are from Happy Mango Beads.


This pair is based around some "oil slick" lampwork beads from BeadAbundant (Etsy). They have such a lovely antiqued brass shimmer, I had to combine them with brass. I added garnets and pale purple seed beads to bring out the plum tones.


I started with Karen Totten's ceramic leaf charms for this pair, and added some verdigris patina discs from Shannon LeVart, pewter birch leaf charms, and little seed beads in periwinkle. Sterling silver earwires. Birch  leaf charms from Happy Mango Beads.


This pair is a little plain, but I really love these beads. The olive green is sort of glassy and rich. I like how the ivory base has some buttery golden patches, like a perfectly toasted marshmallow.


This pair below is my favorite new design. I wanted to try them first with just a smooth copper cap, but I think I would prefer them to be textured. They remind me of a fuchsia blossom--that's what I was going for with the little "stamens" dangling from the bottom. This pair sports a pair of lampwork beads from BeingBeads. I have another pair half done with green aventurine roundels and little Czech glass stamens in prairie green.



6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the cap you made for the little flower bud earrings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - favorite is the turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all so pretty! I agree the bottom pair is probably my fav! They do look like a bleeding heart, and red is my all time favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful! The seconds and the last ones are marvelous! I have discovered your blog and I follow you from not too long. All the things that you create are wonderful! ...excuse me for my english... Ciao! silvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooo pretty! My personal faves are the third and fifth pair~~ Loving the caps & extra touches you do.

    ReplyDelete