A chronicle of the meanderings, false starts (which in retrospect, while sort of embarrassing turned out to be highly instructive), epiphanies, selective apathy (still evolving), wild mood swings, opinions (subject to frequent change), and life lessons of an inveterate dabbler (and her latest dabblings).

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Fashion Feature!

Photo courtesy of KikaPaprika
I was recently contacted by a representative from a company called Kika Paprika, about doing an interview for their blog. I looked into the company, which intrigued me, and decided to go for it! I spent a delightful hour on the phone a couple weeks ago with them, and today they published the interview on the Kika blog.

Kika is headed by Kim and Kirstyn Shaw, a mother-daughter team who offer a custom line of clothing, which is sold via one-on-one consulting for wardrobe planning and personal shopping. All their pieces are made in the USA from eco-friendly fabrics, in a large selection of colors--each piece is custom fit and dyed to the customer's specs. They have an elite corps of fashion consultants who work around the country with them, assisting women to assemble a wardrobe that works with both their lifestyles and figures. (I hear they are making positions available again soon--if this sounds like it's up your alley, drop them a line!)

I didn't pay them to say this, I swear. I think they just like me.

4 comments:

  1. Keirsten, that is fabulous. I loved the article they wrote. You deserve all the nice things they said about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being featured! Your work is amazing and so very, very unique :)
    I think it would be incredibly fun to spend a day with you in a well-stocked metalsmithing studio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "A sort of complex simplicity." I like that. And now hopefully more folks will know from the interview. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a fantastic profile of you and your work, Keirsten! Your work is so inpiring and you are fabulously creative. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete