A chronicle of the meanderings, false starts (which in retrospect, while sort of embarrassing turned out to be highly instructive), epiphanies, selective apathy (still evolving), wild mood swings, opinions (subject to frequent change), and life lessons of an inveterate dabbler (and her latest dabblings).

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Who's Not Afraid of Blue? That Would Be Me!


I'm doing aversion/desensitization therapy. With blue. Eye-popping cobalt blue!! I was pretty gleeful when the cobalt glass tile beads I got from Fire Mountain matched the pendant (that I got at the craft store) exactly. It HAD to be matchy! And then I had this strand of opalescent blue discs from Happy Mango that I have never used (but perversely bought in spite of my blue thing) and they matched too!!! I knotted it onto navy silk beading cord, with some nifty bead tips ("Hot Tips") I got from Fire Mountain. They look like little embossed leaves.


The pendant here is pictured on my model, "Ivory", with a gorgeous sarong given to me by a very generous customer. Can't wait to wear it when the water gets above 70 degrees!

6 comments:

  1. While I actually like blue - it is not a colour I wear or use much in my designs.
    The necklace is wonderful and good for you to push outside your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your resources.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh...my FAVORITE color! And there's matchingness, too. Be still, my heart! Also, I've got some great boro glass pendants in my stash that I have long been wondering what on earth to do with and you've given me some great ideas. Those leaf-shaped bead tips are awesome, too. I might need me summa dose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I absolutely LOVE it. I'm not usually too into blue, either, but for some reason lately it's really been catching my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love blue, my fav. lovely necklace, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Absolutely the kind of piece I would wear.

    ReplyDelete