A chronicle of the meanderings, false starts (which in retrospect, while sort of embarrassing turned out to be highly instructive), epiphanies, selective apathy (still evolving), wild mood swings, opinions (subject to frequent change), and life lessons of an inveterate dabbler (and her latest dabblings).

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Liquid Sunshine

Otherwise known as rain here in the northwest United States.

This bracelet took its inspiration from the sun totem bead in the center (from Happy Mango).



I was dying to use some of the sesame jasper buttons I found locally--I was surprised they had so much pale blue-green in them. I thought they would look cool with one of the pewter totem beads I got from Happy Mango, which are apparently inspired by northwest Native American totems. It would have made more sense to use the orca one, or a salmon one (what with the watery blue greens and grays I wanted to use), but I really wanted to use a round one, which meant the sun one. But wait! This made sense. Northwest, sun, gray, vague blue-green...that IS sun in the northwest!! Very, very diffused sunshine. Like diffused by thick layers of clouds. So, it's like a joke. (Ironically the sun is shining here and it's 46 degrees. Might have to leave the house.)

3 comments:

  1. it's gorgeous, in my fav colors!
    how did you like the new cds, please tell me you like them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous colors!! love the big metal silver bead too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I was in the mood for something complex so the first 4-5 tracks of Antics didn't grab me so I gave up on that for the moment; currently have Turn on the Bright Lights in the car player. I'm mostly liking it, but his voice takes some getting used to--not so much his singing style but the tone of it. Need to listen to it more.

    ReplyDelete