A chronicle of the meanderings, false starts (which in retrospect, while sort of embarrassing turned out to be highly instructive), epiphanies, selective apathy (still evolving), wild mood swings, opinions (subject to frequent change), and life lessons of an inveterate dabbler (and her latest dabblings).

Saturday, June 27, 2009

If I Had This Hammer, Could I Do This?

If I had this hammer


Could I do this?


And this?



Sweet Bead Studio, a jewelry artist I just discovered thanks to a post by Lorelei Eurto on Facebook, is having a giveaway. The hammer, the necklace, and the bracelet above. I can only assume the hammer, or one like it, played a role in producing the pendant and the bracelet? I see little dimples on the copper and brass that look suspiciously like they might have been made by the hammer. Checked out her Etsy shop and I just melted with covetousness, and envy. I'm not exaggerating, it made my heart hurt it was so beautiful. Seriously, look at this:




And look at this:


As if that weren't enough:
(do you believe this is only $42.00? for all that sterling, and handmade glass beads?)

I want to make jewelry like that, and I want to make it NOW!!! *Sigh*. The tools, you gotta have the tools. It's all about the hammer, right? Maybe I need some different pliers. And some more time. A LOT more time. And some classes. And maybe an art history degree. Probably need a torch. And some butane. Or propane. Or methane or whatever you put in a torch. And an asbestos shower cap.

I could add more photos from her shop, but it would just be sycophantic* and creepy.

As sometimes happens, I started this blog post purely for the sake of winning a hammer, and became a genuine fan. It's like a movie.

OK, just one more:



*Sycophant: A servile self-seeker who attempts to win favor by flattering influential people.

2 comments: