A chronicle of the meanderings, false starts (which in retrospect, while sort of embarrassing turned out to be highly instructive), epiphanies, selective apathy (still evolving), wild mood swings, opinions (subject to frequent change), and life lessons of an inveterate dabbler (and her latest dabblings).

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Stinky Dog Beads Black Friday Sale


Stinky Dog Beads, One of my favorite online jewelry supply stores is having a Black Friday sale, from Friday November 27 through Wednesday December 2--20% off of already great prices!! You MUST check it out--use code BLACKFRI20.

SALE!!!
Here are some items I made this fall from Stinky Dog's offerings:

These earrings are made with Mykonos glazed ceramic cubes, in a soft turquoise with a wonderful copper raku spatter effect. The little verdigris flower beads at the bottom are also Mykonos, as are the Czech glass beads adorning the chain and on the earwires--all from Stinky Dog Beads! ("SDB", to us insiders.)

These two pair of earrings are made with Unicorne lampwork glass teardrops (usually available at SDB but currently out of stock), and two different styles of "sea glass" beads, from SDB. The first pair is a little spicy...
And the second pair is a little sweet!
Here's another SDB teaser...
I made these using some of my favorite Mykonos elements--big chunky brass stars! I threw in some metallic matte Czech glass spacers and Czech glass English cut beads in champagne for a mixed metal party look:
For this pair I went all Aegean, with Mykonos seahorses, cherry red sea glass nuggets, striped Czech glass Picasso beads, translucent aqua Czech glass beads, and little pewter shell charms (ADORE those):
But wait, there's more! These I made with some wonderful antique finish red round leather cord (very supple too, for a colored Greek leather), big Czech Picasso beads, pewter flower crimp connectors, and little Czech glass rondelles in vivid aqua (on the earwires). This was a really fun design to do! (Of course all of these parts and pieces--not including the earwires, which I made myself--are from SDB.)
Then I made this little matched set of necklace + earrings from some of my favorite Mykonos items in the verdigris finish:

My Art Deco Surprise necklace (because I was surprised it turned out Art Deco). That wonderful cut-work panel in verdigris is another Mykonos element, from SDB (not available just yet). The rest of the elements I pulled from here and there.
I made this pair of earrings to go with it--and was floored/thrilled when they were actually purchased together! That NEVER happens. You might recognize those little Mykonos flower beads from the first pair above. Love them!! And little Czech beauties in azure are on the earwires.
If I quit my job and had all the time in the world, and had piles of money anyway (like a highly unlikely lottery scenario) I would buy Stinky Dog clean out. If you've not shopped with The Dog yet, it might be time!

3 comments:

  1. You are a hoot lady! Thank you so much for the kudos. We love what you have been doing with our products. A true artisan with an amazing eye for details! Kitty
    www.stinkydogbeads.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a hoot lady! Thank you so much for the kudos. We love what you have been doing with our products. A true artisan with an amazing eye for details! Kitty
    www.stinkydogbeads.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Keirsten, how many wonderful treasures you have created. they are so unique, original, with that ancient ages feeling! You are really a Genius. I already knew , but every time I see something new I am really amazed!! with much love Cristina

    ReplyDelete