A chronicle of the meanderings, false starts (which in retrospect, while sort of embarrassing turned out to be highly instructive), epiphanies, selective apathy (still evolving), wild mood swings, opinions (subject to frequent change), and life lessons of an inveterate dabbler (and her latest dabblings).

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Free Poppy Cap Tutorial

Pop on over to Happy Mango Beads and check out a free tutorial (by me!) on how to make simple poppy caps for a variety of beads--no sawing or soldering!
Blueberry poppies
I've used Happy Mango's wonderful Indonesian lampwork discs, and Indonesian seed beads for these (except for the last pair--those purple seed beads are "glass tile beads" from Fire Mountain).
Green Bean Poppies
And I've used some of my new photo props below--an iron shoe horn and old sheet music:
Grape Poppies
Irish Waxed Linen cording from White Clover Kiln.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I love your fold-over cap/bails--and I knew I'd need that new circle tracer for something sooner or later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your FB link to the tut at Happy Mango yesterday - thanks so much for sharing! I LOVE these! Your gift of color alteration of the metals is what makes these so special! Fabulous, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some very cool earrings! I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool earrings - great tutorial as well!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete