A chronicle of the meanderings, false starts (which in retrospect, while sort of embarrassing turned out to be highly instructive), epiphanies, selective apathy (still evolving), wild mood swings, opinions (subject to frequent change), and life lessons of an inveterate dabbler (and her latest dabblings).

Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Dune Queen



I've always been drawn to the desert. I loved the barren, arid expanses of southern California, soaked up the searing heat in Egypt like a lizard, and wanted to wander off into the hills in Tucson and never come back. The design for this necklace has been on my mind for several months--sand, sun, heat and golden treasures. I was finally able to bring it to life last week. For more details on this item click here.

I just know I was a queen of some desert kingdom in a former life--I feel so at home in desert climates. Or an empress. At least a princess. Definitely not, like, a beggar or a prostitute or a peasant or something like that. Well, maybe a consort or a concubine. To an emperor. The top concubine. But not some street walker.

The sun is out today here in northwest Montana, for a change, and I can feel summer just over the horizon. Soon we'll be splashing happily in the numbingly frigid waters of Flathead Lake, basking in the long month of summer. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment